2018-2019 Active Scholarships
At Sciotoville Community School’s Student Services Office, our goal is to help you obtain the financial assistance you need. Our Student Services Office is here to help make an education affordable. Below you fill find scholarships available with attached application or link to an application. All applications listed below are available outside the Student Services Office. Please pay close attention to each scholarships’ deadline, amount, and details regarding how each form should be turned in.
Scholarship | Deadline | Amount | Paper/Online
- Shawnee State Merit Based | Check Website | Varies | Online
- Portsmouth Ambulance Scholarship | See Mr. Ruby | Full Tuition | Paper
- Ohio University Southern Merit Based | Jan. 31, 2019 | Varies | Online
- Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth S.T.E.M. | Feb 21, 2019 | $2,000 | Paper
- Scioto Foundation | March 27, 2019 | Varies | Online
- Kiwanis of Portsmouth | March 31, 2019 | $1,000 | Online
- William D. Squires Education Foundation | April 5, 2019 | $16,000 | Paper
- B. Davis Scholarship | May 24, 2019 | $1,000 | Online
- Abbott & Fenner Scholarship Program | June 14, 2019 | $1,000 | Online
- Seventh Masonic District | April 5, 2019 | Varies | Paper
- Western Sun Lodge | April 24, 2019 | $500 | Paper
- Portsmouth Area Mother’s Milk Program | April 25, 2019 | $1,000 | Paper
- Aurora Lodge No. 48 F. & A.M. | April 30, 2019 | $500 | Paper
- Time Out For Me, Inc. | April 21, 2019 | Varies | Paper
- Portsmouth Area Chamber of Commerce | May 17, 2019 | Varies | Paper
Shawnee State Merit Based
Portsmouth Ambulance Scholarship
Ohio University Southern Merit Based
FLUOR-BWXT Portsmouth S.T.E.M.
Kiwanis of Portsmouth Pt.1
Kiwanis of Portsmouth Pt. 2 (Reference Form)
B. Davis Scholarship
Abbott & Fenner Scholarship
Miami University Merit Based
William D. Squires Education Scholarship
OMACCS Scholarship (For those seeking trade school certification)|
Portsmouth Area Mother’s Milk Program
Aurora Lodge No. 48 F. & A.M.
Seventh Masonic District
Western Sun Lodge
Time Out For Me, Inc.
Portsmouth Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
General Scholarship Information
1. Pay close attention to deadlines.
2. Bring your college applications to the guidance office when completed. We will add a transcript and mail it for you as a complete package.
3. If the scholarship requires a letter of recommendation, give the person you ask to write the letter plenty of time to get it written.
4. Never pay anyone for scholarship searches. There are many people and companies who try to make money off of parents/students who are trying to find scholarships. The guidance office has many resources for scholarships.
5. When scholarships ask for a list of activities, be creative. You can include youth groups or other activities even if they are not school related.
6. If you know what colleges you are considering, speak to the admissions counselors at each school to see what scholarships they may have available.
7. Some colleges and universities that require an application fee will waive the fee if you apply online. Many admissions counselors will waive the fee if you make a campus visit or speak with them at a college fair.